Middle School Information
Hi, PS17 Grade 5 families!
It's an exciting time for our students in fifth grade when the middle school application process begins. I hope this Middle School support page will help you navigate
Middle School Applications will open starting 10/26. Students went home with their welcome letter and you should have or will receive a copy in the mail as well that will provide you with instructions on how to set up your MySchools account and add your child using your unique account creation code. The deadline to submit an application is December 1st, 2022.
Update—January 19, 2021: Below you can watch my Virtual Middle School Workshop where I discuss Fall 2021 admissions updates and other useful information to assist you in the middle school application process. I hope you find it helpful!
Helpful links and resources
- Virtual Middle School Workshop with Ms. Monica
- New York City Department of Education Middle School enrollment overview and information
- Sign up for NYC Department of Education admissions email lists
- NYC MySchools Middle School directory and map
- Create a NYC MySchools account. An NYC MySchools account is needed to manage your middle school enrollment when the application opens and the admissions process begins.